About Mozilla Security Project - Securing Web @ZAP:
“Securing Web @ZAP” is a community run pilot project aimed to bring awareness around various threats possessed by a web application. The first pilot workshop will be hosted at Collab House, Hyderabad.
Who can join the workshop?
Mozilla Security Project is aimed for students, security enthusiasts and anyone interested. During the workshop, participants will be trained on ways to detect the threats by performing security attacks using the ZAP security tool.
Securing Web @ZAP is a 8 Day(4 Weekends) Workshop.
Workshop starts from:
- June 19,20
- June 27,28
- July 04,05
- July 11,12
To learn more visit: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/remo-securingweb-mozilla
About OWASP ZAP:
OWASP ZAP is an integrated pentest tool used to find vulnerabilities in a web application. It is designed to be used by people with a wide range of security experience and as such is ideal for developers and functional testers who are new to penetration testing. Zap is one of the top voted Security Tools in 2014.
Why join Mozilla Security Workshop?
- After successful completion of workshop, a project on ZAP is assigned to each team/person by Mozilla Security Staff.
- Outstanding contributors to the assigned project get reference letter from Mozilla Security Team.
- Chance to get the commit access privileges for a security tool.
- Exclusive swag/ goodies for participants undergoing 8 day campaign!
- A chance to collaborate directly with best talent from the security industry
- Get a chance to add your name to the ZAP Help Credits page! https://code.google.com/p/zaproxy/wiki/HelpCredits
- There are limited slots available. The event is free to participate but registration is mandatory for the event. Selected participants will be contacted via email on further steps to join the project.
- Kindly provide as much details with relevant links in the application form.
Core team for Mozilla Security Project - Securing Web @ZAP:
- Sumanth Damarla (Mozilla Rep, ZAP Evangelist, India)
- Sudarshan Reddy
- Sanjay Gouri
- Simon Bennetts (Mozilla Security Automation Engineer & ZAP Project Lead)
- Emma Irwin
- Vineel Reddy Pindi